Serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in northern France, southern Belgium and Luxembourg.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Surprise whitewashes and grandfatherhood

See ya later, Liège. 

So transfer announcements were made this weekend. And for the first time on my mission, they surprised me...because after only two transfers in Liège, they're shipping me out! I was sure I'd stay and possibly get a new companion here, but Elder Orton will be doing that instead. I'm really gonna miss this place. 

So where, you may ask, am I going? I don't think I'll tell you, you can all find out next week...JUST KIDDING I'll say it.

I am going to...Strasbourg! Look it up on a map, y'all. Apparently it's a ville that many missionaries wish to serve in at some point on their missions. I feel super lucky. I hear it's beautiful there. Just gotta make sure not to accidentally step into Germany. 

Another surprise is this: I'm whitewashing! (For those of you who aren't yet familiar with mission language, whitewashing means that both missionaries in a companionship move into the area at the same time, so neither of them knows anyone or can find their way around.) Whitewashing has always been on my mission bucket list - just didn't think it'd come this soon. So I'll keep you updated on this new adventure. 

But even with all those surprises, I think the best news on the repertoire is this: I'm going to be a grandfather! Yes, my son is training this transfer. I'm so excited for him. Elder Harris is an excellent missionary and he's got all he needs to help his blue succeed. 

Oh and something else that's cool is that on my way to Strasbourg I'll stop in Paris for a few hours, which is where my father (Elder Wheatley, remember him?) will be as a zone leader, along with my son and his new son. 4-generation picture coming up next week!

Love you all! See you on the other side...of the border. Ya know, because I'll be in France again instead of Belgium. Yeah.

So there ya have it, folks. This Wednesday morning, I'm packing up and moving from something great to something even better. And thus the Lord's work rolls forth. 

Elder Stanford, out.

I shall write my next epistle from France. Salute all the brethren of the household of faith. The grace of God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. 


P-day bowling with the Calgary homies!



No comments:

Post a Comment