Serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in northern France, southern Belgium and Luxembourg.

Monday, February 15, 2016

I got a date before Valentine's Day!

Hey all! Happy Valentine's Day or whatever. In France, Valentine's Day is just an excuse for people to glorify the "natural man" on every bus stop ad, shop window and grocery store product in sight. But we don't buy into it. My valentines will be my mother, my grandmothers, and the adorable 88-year-old lady living upstairs from us. And God. 

Transfers happened again. Are these going faster and faster for you guys too, or just me? I'm in transfer 10 now. Goodness. In a surprising turn of events, Elder Pumford was transferred out; he's going to my old équipe in Liège! One-and-done here, one-and-dead there. Some guy named Elder Carson will be my third companion in three transfers here in Amiens. He seems cool, from the little I've heard. 

This Saturday, I got a date! Her name is Getou (yes I know I spelled it wrong last time) and she agreed to set a baptismal date for the 9th of April. She wants us to meet her friends, and even brought her niece to church! So cool. 

And now, to close, allow me to demonstrate some Pidgin I've learned over the past transfer. 

I dey learnin' to talk Broken na, an' I fit talk'am small small. I no dey good befo'. Is bettah na. I for done write mo to una today, but I dey so busy. 

¿ Entiende ?  Probablement pas.  Et bah tant pis. We go talk in one week na. 

(Sorry that I don't have a lot of time today. Last p-day with Elder Pumford, we had to see all the attractions in Amiens. Which is basically just the cathedral. But it took some time). 

I love you all! Be good! Remember who you are! Love the world! 1 John 4. 

Elder Stanford
Mission française de Paris



Found by the cathedral 

Selfie with Elder Pumford and Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment