Serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in northern France, southern Belgium and Luxembourg.

Monday, May 11, 2015

To the non-Mormons out there

This post is dedicated to anyone who may be reading this who is not a member of our faith.
Let me ask you a question: Why do you think I'm here?
Now I'll dispel any reasons you may think it is. My church did not force me to go on a mission. My parents did not force me. I do not get paid for this work. This is not a way to "level up" in the church--in fact, the top four presiding people in the church did not serve missions.

I work six days a week from the morning until 9 at night, following very strict rules. I speak a different language than my own, and I talk to strangers every day who haven't yet realized that they want what I have to offer. I don't get to listen to the music I love or hug girls. I don't get to watch movies or sleep in past 6:30 AM. So I ask again... Why do you think I'm doing this?
I'm doing this because I have found a peace, a hope and a joy in my life thanks to something called The Gospel of Jesus Christ. You know when you eat something awesome for the first time, and for some reason instead of eating it all you have this desire to show all your friends how good it is? That's how I feel about this message. I'm willing to do this work because I need to share what I know, what has helped me so much in my life.
In the Book of Mormon, an ancient prophet named Moroni writes "a few words by way of exhortation." To exhort means to sincerely ask or plead someone to do something. Right now, I'd like to exhort you, dear reader, to find some missionaries like me in your area and listen to their message. It takes half an hour and it doesn't have to be more than once. Since you almost certainly know someone who is a Mormon, they would love to help you get in contact with them. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment